My theme for this month seems to be mostly love songs. It's pretty funny how I can look at the songs I've been listening to and notice a totally subconscious similarity… it's really pretty telling, I think! I guess that's what an engagement will do to you. In any case, I've certainly had my moments of listening to melancholy music as well! Why not love songs for a change. :) Anywho, enjoy!
1. Cop Car by Keith Urban - I think this song is so fun. I'm drawn to songs that tell a story (which is probably why I'm unconsciously drawn to Country music), and this one tells a fun, light hearted story about falling in love in a unique circumstance. It makes me happy.
2. Gold Dust Woman by Karen Elson - I watch Revenge, and I heard this song on an episode recently. I believe it is a Fleetwood Mac cover. It's a good song to have on in the background when you're cooking dinner in the evening. :)
3. Arms of a Woman by Amos Lee - Amos Lee reminds me of another favorite singer/songwriter of mine - Ray LaMontagne, who I have included a song by in this same playlist! They both seem to write thoughtful, acoustic songs with memorable lyricisms, and this song is no exception. I love how he sings the simple line: "when she wakes me, she takes me back home."
4. In Your Shoes by Sarah McLachlan - Sarah McLachlan is one of my favorite singers, and she has a new album coming out this month - meaning there will probably be more of her songs on my next playlist…! This is one of her new singles.
5. Higher Love by James Vincent McMorrow - Love this cover! Especially the beginning.
6. You've Lost the Loving Feeling by The Righteous Brothers - I watched Top Gun recently (I hadn't seen it in a lonnnnng time), and the final scene with the Jukebox is SO GOOD! Him hearing this song playing in the background, and then there she is… ::sigh::.
7. Not a Bad Thing by Justin Timberlake - A current song on the radio that I find myself turning up whenever it plays. Gotta love JT.
8. Shelter by Ray LaMontagne - Another example of a lovely acoustic love song. :)