Monday, June 8, 2015

Sweet On You


1.  Sweet & Saltines from Country Pleasures.  This recipe of Trisha Yearwood's has been described as "crack"- while I have personally never made it, it sounds absolutely amazing.  One day... one day.


2.  Mango Fruit Roll-Ups from Just a Taste.  I LOVE me some fruit roll-ups.  I have been known to eat an entire box of the Betty Crocker type...although not recently, of course.  Absolutely not..ahem.  In any case, making your own is actually surprisingly easy.  Who knew!  


3.  Jolly Rancher Cookies from Domestically Speaking.  How cute are these?  Not to mention easy!  When baked, the jolly ranchers will melt and the heart cookies will have a yummy candy center.  Who comes up with this stuff?  Brilliant!  


4.  Bite Size Apple Pies from Goodies & Yum x Immaculate Baking.  Crescent Rolls have to be one of the most versatile baking options out there.  There are probably entire blogs devoted to the many thing you can make with a can of crescent rolls.  This is one such recipe, and of course it sounds delicious.


5.  Homemade Lemon Curd from Journey Kitchen.  I will be honest and admit that I am not actually well versed in what one is supposed to do with lemon curd... I imagine it can go inside pies, and on top of other desserts?  Perhaps inside a tart?  Regardless of what you do end up using it for, look at that gorgeous pure yellow color - it's sure to impress!


6.  Sugar Cookies with Jell-O Icing from Elgin Harvest.  I thought this was so creative - using Jell-O to help flavor and color frosting!  It seems like a quick way to add a unique touch to your basic sugar cookie.  Look how pretty the below cookies look in this picture!


7.  Tres Leche Cake from Alton Brown.  I am aware that a recipe from Alton Brown is not exactly blog-worthy... and when I say that, I mean that one of the Food Network's top chef's does not need this little blog entry to help him "get his recipe's out there".  I certainly try to include other blogs on my blog, but this recipe is SOOOO GOOD I had to include it.  Just try it.  Trust me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment