Monday, October 5, 2015

Leaf it Better Than You Found It


Fall leaves... is there anything that makes you want to go make yourself a cup of tea like fall leaves? Whenever I see a pile of leaves, I am suddenly inspired to curl up with a cup of Constant Comment (yes, I am a fan).  There are a million and a half things to do with fall leaves out there on the internet, so I thought I would go ahead and add to this craziness by creating my own fall leaf round up.  

To anyone listening, here is my #1 tip for collecting your own fall leaves for craft projects - try and collect leaves that are as DRY as possible.  Nobody wants soggy leaves - not pretty.  Any leaf that comes from outside will have some moisture in it, so also make sure you DRY it thoroughly before doing anything crafty with it!

Anywho, here we go:

  1. Gold Painted Leaves from Dio Home Improvements.  This project looks super simple, but the end result is utterly sophisticated - you could even "leaf" it up all year round!  (Hah...yes I did).


2.  Leaf Art from Just a Girl Blog.  I thought this one was unique, and it certainly makes for an eye catching end result.  Doesn't the idea of hanging this up in your dining room make you want to host Thanksgiving this year??  (Haha, or not.)

3.  Fall Candle Centerpiece from That's What Che Said.  Speaking of hosting Thanksgiving, if you are lucky (or un-lucky) enough to have such an honor, you'll need at table centerpiece!  This would be super easy (and cheap) to throw together with some dollar store candles, and looks very festive!

4.  Fall Leaf Mason Jar by Gingerbread Snowflakes.  I had to add a Mason Jar project in here, #BecauseMasonJars.  While I'm hash tagging, #BecauseModPodge works for this one too!  (I think all crafters should be worshipping both Mason Jars and Mod Podge on a regular basis.)  Would be lovely as a candle, or just to hold your extra bits and pieces in! 

5.  Realistic Leaf Roses from FabDIY.  This one is my favorite, because I've never seen anything like it!  Look how beautiful those leaf roses look!  I'm dying to try this, but it looks like something you'll need to have a certain touch for, and I'm worried about wasting some of my precious dried leaves from last fall.  If I try it, I'll let you know!


No comments:

Post a Comment