Monday, September 17, 2018

What I've Been Listening to Lately: September 2018




1.  Classic by The Knocks.  This has been my commuter jam lately.  Nothing gets you into the mood to work (and be awesome) than this on a Monday morning... or any morning!

2.  Guys Like You by Taylor Acorn.  This song is just so... true.  I love the line "your confidence is magic" - it so accurately describes certain people who effortless exude composure.  

3.  Stand Out by Duly Noted.  I recently found a movie clip from A Goofy Movie on YouTube, and it took me baaacckkk!  Does anyone else remember that movie?  It reminds me of sleepovers, and getting to watch a movie in the middle of the day at school.  (You knew it was going to be a great day when they wheeled in the huge television on the rolling cart...right!?)

4.  Selfish by Virginia to Vegas.  This is another commuter song for me now.  In a few more months it will probably remind me of the beginning of fall.

5.  Chandelier by Vitamin String Quartet.  This instrumental version of Chandelier sounds so dramatic.  As you may remember I love covers, but I think it's hard to do a memorable instrumental version of a cover.  The Vitamin String Quartet also makes me want to get married again, just so I can plan the ceremony music!

6.  Church Cells by Carrie Underwood.  Carrie Underwood has a VOICE.  This song makes me think of female empowerment, not because of the content, but mostly just because Carrie sounds so powerful singing it.

7.  You Are My Sunshine by Jasmine Thompson.  You Are My Sunshine is one of my son's favorite bedtime songs right now, so this classic folk song just makes me happy.

8.  I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues by Alessia Cara.  Cover alert!  You gotta love a Billy Joel cover, especially one as catchy as this.

9.  Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.  It's a throwback!  This song still makes me happy.  I find myself wanting to sing and dance when it comes on, so it's been in my rotation recently.  It also reminds me of this lip-synching video from the 2012 Olympic Swimming Team.  (This song was big 6 whole years ago?  Where has the time gone.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment