Sunday, January 12, 2014

DIY Guest Room Art


So I tried the quote art thing a couple of weeks ago, and it was an official "DIY Defeat" situation.  HOWEVER, I learned a thing or two, and this weekend I was back for more.  Instead of using cheap stickers for lettering, I only used vinyl lettering (which you can find online or at the craft store).  I also got blank canvases and painted them myself with spray paint - first with metallic gold (for the lettering), and then a deep blue to match our guest room.  These turned out much better than before, and I love how welcoming they make our guest room look!  

Materials:
Blank Canvas(es)
Spray Paint 
Vinyl Lettering 
THAT'S IT!

Instructions:
Spray paint your canvas whatever color you'd like your lettering to be.  You can also follow what I tried the first time and just skip this step, using a pre-painted canvas from the thrift store or something.  Once you have a painted canvas, use your vinyl lettering to spell our whatever words or phrases you'd like.  Make sure you use a ruler for your lettering to be straight!  Also, pay attention to the spacing between your letters.  If it's too messy, it will look a little too "DIY", if you know what I'm sayin'.  Once you have your vinyl lettering on, spray paint again in a different color.  Wait to dry, and then peel off the vinyl lettering.  That's it!  You're done!


I really like how both of my canvases match, and am satisfied with how these turned out.  Also, using spray paint, the paint dries within 30 minutes!  Such a quick and easy project to brighten up a room…!  :)



1 comment:

  1. I have read your blog its very attractive and impressive. I like it your blog.
    7 micro niches

    ReplyDelete