Thursday, January 9, 2014

I Love Seattle

I was especially inspired by Seattle today - which is ironic, considering it is currently the rainiest, wettest and darkest time of the year for us Seattleites.  Nevertheless, I have created a "Local Guide to Seattle" of my favorite things to do in this city - restaurants, locations - the works.  I encourage you to check it out…!  I also wrote a poem in honor of Seattle, below.  If you are from Seattle, I hope it brings a smile to your face.  If not, I hope it inspires you to come here!  




I Love Seattle

All of the trees don't seem quite as green
Unless they are forests of evergreens.

The bartenders don't seem to have the same skill
Unless they work on Capitol Hill.

The blue of the sky doesn't seem quite as grand
Unless it's from the top of Queen Anne.

Fish flying through the air might seem a disgrace
Unless it happens at Pike's Place.

Gum left on a wall is no reason to dally
Unless you are wandering through Post Alley.

You haven't completed a date with your fella
Until you've shared a kiss beneath his umbrella.

You don't appreciated the beauty of a sun ray
Until you're accustomed to a veil of gray.

You'll start to dream of clouds the further you roam
And they will remind you of your northwest home.  

No matter how far you go, no matter where you settle
No place will make you feel quite like Seattle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment