Thursday, May 8, 2014

What I've Been Listening to Lately: May 2014




My theme for this month seems to be mostly love songs.  It's pretty funny how I can look at the songs I've been listening to and notice a totally subconscious similarity… it's really pretty telling, I think!  I guess that's what an engagement will do to you.  In any case, I've certainly had my moments of listening to melancholy music as well!  Why not love songs for a change.  :)  Anywho, enjoy!



1.  Cop Car by Keith Urban - I think this song is so fun.  I'm drawn to songs that tell a story (which is probably why I'm unconsciously drawn to Country music), and this one tells a fun, light hearted story about falling in love in a unique circumstance.  It makes me happy.

2.  Gold Dust Woman by Karen Elson - I watch Revenge, and I heard this song on an episode recently.  I believe it is a Fleetwood Mac cover.  It's a good song to have on in the background when you're cooking dinner in the evening.  :)

3.  Arms of a Woman by Amos Lee - Amos Lee reminds me of another favorite singer/songwriter of mine - Ray LaMontagne, who I have included a song by in this same playlist!  They both seem to write thoughtful, acoustic songs with memorable lyricisms, and this song is no exception.  I love how he sings the simple line: "when she wakes me, she takes me back home."  

4.  In Your Shoes by Sarah McLachlan - Sarah McLachlan is one of my favorite singers, and she has a new album coming out this month - meaning there will probably be more of her songs on my next playlist…!  This is one of her new singles.

5.  Higher Love by James Vincent McMorrow - Love this cover!  Especially the beginning.

6.  You've Lost the Loving Feeling by The Righteous Brothers - I watched Top Gun recently (I hadn't seen it in a lonnnnng time), and the final scene with the Jukebox is SO GOOD!  Him hearing this song playing in the background, and then there she is…  ::sigh::.  

7.  Not a Bad Thing by Justin Timberlake - A current song on the radio that I find myself turning up whenever it plays.  Gotta love JT.

8.  Shelter by Ray LaMontagne -  Another example of a lovely acoustic love song.  :)  

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your list! Have you heard Graham Colton's Hold my Heart? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03iL_YPzYQA&feature=share&list=RD03iL_YPzYQA


    Debbie at http://ordinary-creative.com

    ReplyDelete