So I know I haven’t been writing… which is the cardinal rule of blogging. (ALWAYS POST REGULARLY!) I am aware of this, and I apologize… but the truth is, as every blogger knows, life gets in the way!
As much as I hate to be generic, getting engaged has actually taken up a great deal of my time. Whereas I used to spend my spare time looking up and pinning new craft projects to possibly blog about, I suddenly have a seemingly endless supply of things look up and think about: what color should the tablecloths be on one of the most memorable days of my life? (I’m still thinking about this!) Will people notice if I use different shades of purple on the invitations than on the programs? (Answer: No they won’t, but I WILL NOTICE!) Is there a limit to the number of Glassybaby one can have on each table? (Hint: The answer to this is the same as to the question “can a woman own too many shoes?”)
|FYI: The answer is "no".|
For anyone who has been following me on Pinterest, you are likely getting tired of my many pins involving “Asian fusion” themes, wedding ettiquite and seemingly random flower arrangements. I apologize, but rather than be too apologetic, you should know that I intend to embrace this newfound obsession for the next year or so. After all, planning a wedding is a crafter’s paradise!
To that end, if anyone has any recommendations for unique touches you have incorporated or have seen incorporated in weddings, please let me know! Otherwise, I’ve done a quick round up of fun DIY wedding touches that I admire. Not all of these will be incorporated in my wedding, but one can certainly dream, can’t they??
1. Lace Doily Envelopes by Curly Girl. What a an easy way to make a big statement on your invitations!
2. Dollar Store Tiered Trays by Dollar Store Crafts - No need to break the bank to display your wedding treats.
3. Paper Flower Escort Cards by Project Wedding - Nothing makes a guest feel special like a little unexpected something. Well worth the extra assembly time!
4. Lucky Bamboo Arrangement by Wedding Flowers Made Easy - An easy (and non-wilting) way to make your own centerpieces or wedding favors.
5. Watercolor Escort Cards by OnceWed - Continuing with my watercolor obsession… these are a perfectly understated way to make a big impact on your guests.