Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Movie Moment #1: 500 Days of Summer



I may or may not have mentioned this before, but I majored in Cinema Studies in college.  I loved every minute of it, but in all honesty... it might be one of the least practical things to do with 4 years at a University.  This was not majoring in the art of making film, this was majoring in the art of watching and appreciating film as a literature.  (Again, I loved every minute of it...!)  I also double majored in (wait for it) Scandinavian Studies.  

Next to Underwater Basket Weaving,  I think I've officially earned one of the least useful degree's out there.  (Did I mention that I loved every minute of it?)  Despite my hopefulness, nobody offered to pay me to watch movies in Norway upon my graduation, so I was soon left to my own job-seeking devices.  Today I do have a job I enjoy and am a contributing member of society (albeit completely unrelated to what I studied), so it all worked out in the end.  (More time for crafting anyway, right?)  Hah!  :)  After all, us Liberal Arts Majors certainly know that one thing is true:

ANYWAY, my point here is that I love movies, and wanted to start featuring some of my favorite movie scenes here.  I am truly inspired by so many scenes from various films, and I'd love to spread the love.  

My first featured Movie Moment is from 500 Days of Summer, which is a great movie.  The premise here is that our friend Tom (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) has just spent an evening with Summer (Zooey Deschanel), and he has a very happy (and eventful) walk home the next morning.  This clip (like many that I will share here) makes me happy - I dare you to watch it and not smile!  Can't we all relate to this feeling of being so happy you just can't contain it - and isn't it a marvelous feeling?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment